How to buy a boat
When you are buying a boat, you want to feel comfortable about every stage of the process and in complete control. Buying a boat through Boatshed will take the stress out of the procedure. At Boatshed we put the customers first!
1. Register with Boatshed.com. This will give you access to a vast selection of boats for sale. The registration process is quick and simple and you only have to do it once. Register with Boatshed.
2. Search our website. To find a boat that suits your needs, use our advanced search tool online. A broker has visited and photographed every boat, so our listings include detailed specifications, photos, videos and VR to give you an accurate representation of each boat.
3. Get in touch. Once you decide that you’d like more information or to arrange a viewing on a boat, get in touch and we will arrange a viewing. We will always accompany you on a viewing, and can help with practical advice and share our knowledge of the boat.
If you not sure exactly what you want then why not contact one of our qualified Boatshed Brokers to discuss it with them.
4. Make an offer. If you want to make an offer, we can give you advice on negotiations, and will always communicate all offers to the owner. An offer is normally made subject to survey but can also be subject to sea trials, engine test and equipment checks.
5. Deposit. A 10% deposit secures the boat and prevents further bids until you decide to complete the purchase. You have a set time period to perform your checks. The deposit is fully refundable if the sale does not proceed.
6. Price agreed. Once the final price is agreed all that remains is for you to pay the balance and collect the keys and the paperwork. The broker will have sorted all the necessary formalities out to correctly transfer title and to arrange appropriate registration and if needed import or export documentation. The boat is now yours.
7. After sale. Our Boatshed service continues even after the sale. You’ll need to arrange insurance, possibly transport for the boat, maybe there’s some work you want carried out, you’ll need to arrange for somewhere to keep the boat and might even need a little tuition or directions to the local supermarket so you can stock her up before your maiden voyage. Our Boatshed.com brokers are there to help with all these things to ensure that buying a boat is as easy as it can be.